Winter Pest Spotlight: The Carpenter AntSeptember 8, 2016
The Life of RoachesSeptember 15, 2016
Bed Bug Removal
You’ve heard of bed bugs. They’re parasitic insects that that breed quickly and cause major problems. Once you have them, getting rid of bedbugs can seem intimidating. That’s where a bed bug removal expert comes in. At the first sign of a bed bug infestation, you should contact a bed bug extermination technician. They excel at removing bed bugs in Beaverton, OR. How can you know if you have bed bugs though?
How to find Bed Bugs
- A Visual Inspection – An inspection always begins with what you can see. Bed bugs like to hide in specific places, and they aren’t called bed bugs for nothing. You’ll want to remove your bedding, inspecting the edges of your mattress. Bed bugs are fast, and scamper when they’ve been caught so remain vigilant. Check under plastic corner guards, and flip over the box spring so that you can inspect the underside. Just because you didn’t catch them this time, doesn’t mean they aren’t there though. Bed bug inspectors should also look for tiny yellow nymph casings and blood spots indicative of crushed bed bugs.
- A Bed Bug Trap – Bed bug interception devices can help you catch bugs during a low level infestation. These are best left near sofas and beds, as those are prime locations for bed bug activity. Traps should stay in place for 2 – 4 weeks. Inspect them every few days and if you spot one, contact an exterminator for comprehensive bed bug removal. Some bed bug active monitors use chemical lures or CO2. These do cost more however.
- Mattress and Box Spring Cases – These trap mattress bound bed bugs in. They will eventually die within the encasement. More importantly it traps the remaining bugs on the outside of the mattress. Coupled with a bed bug trap, you should have a much easier time identifying their presence.
- A Physical Inspection – Beg bugs bite in order to feed. This causes a skin reaction that leaves behind small reddish itchy bumps. Bed bugs are opportunistic and will bite any exposed area, so this is the most likely place to find them. Symptoms can get worse with repeated biting, including skin infections and permanent scarring.
- A Professional Inspection – Bed bug removal in Beaverton, OR is best accomplished by a professional. They know exactly where to look, what conditions harbor bed bugs, and how to get rid of them. If there’s a bed bug infestation in your house, they can identify it, using the proper methods to combat it efficiently and quickly.
If you think you’ve got a bed bug infestation in Beaverton, OR, look for the signs and don’t hesitate to Call Family Home Pest Control for immediate bed bug removal. (503) 452-9965.